Beautician moves to 'forever salon' at Suffolk Food Hall
- Credit: Archant
A beauty salon has moved out of the town centre after 29 years and set up shop in a new home at the Suffolk Food Hall site in Wherstead.
Nicola McHardy, owner of the Bodylines Beauty Salon, said she had growing concerns about anti social behaviour, especially when she was working late, but also said changing customer habits had prompted the move.
"I think Ipswich is changing and not for the better.
"There has got to be some incentives for people to rent a building and there won't be people hanging around street corners and beer cans on your windowsills.
She clarified that her old building is "beautiful" and her landlord and Ipswich Borough Council have been "amazing" at supporting her coping throughout the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
She is excited about the move to her new salon, which offers more opportunities.
"Everything we've got built will be bespoke to our needs," she said. "It will be my forever salon.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 5 Could Russian competitor to Aldi and Lidl open Ipswich store?
- 6 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 7 Is Tesco preparing its new store in Ipswich's Tavern Street?
- 8 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 9 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 10 Ipswich man appears in court accused of rape
"I just want my salon to work and be beautiful."
She also thinks being on the same site as the food hall as well as the garden centre, hairdresser, and restaurant will add to the attraction for her clients as they can make it a day out.
Bodylines does face and body treatments, hair removal, makeup, manicures and pedicures in a "Covid safe" way, Mrs McHardy added.
"We were santising and washing the beds down before, it's quite normal, apart from wearing a mask.
"I think Covid has made everyone be cleaner."
Bodylines is upstairs next to the restaurant in Suffolk Food Hall and opened on Monday, May 17. To book see bodylinesbeautysalon.com.