Breakfasts back on menu as popular cafe reopens after lockdown closure
- Credit: Haley Claperton
The popular Waterfront Diner cafe near Ipswich, famed for its breakfasts, reopened its doors today.
The cafe at Suffolk Water Park in Bramford, had been closed because of the coronavirus lockdown, like many other restaurants, but is now welcoming back its customers.
Caroline Heffer, who runs the cafe together with brother Patrick, said: “We opened up at 7am today - it has been quiet so far, but word will soon get around.
“I think the staff are quite pleased to be back.”
READ MORE - How busy were Ipswich pubs on the first day of reopening?Three members of staff have been taken off furlough to start with. “We have announced the reopening on social media, and now we are playing it by ear and seeing how it goes,” Caroline said.
Safety measures have been put in place to protect customers and staff, including two-metre social distancing and use of hand sanitisers, and staff have also been given masks.
You may also want to watch:
The menu has been simplified for the time being, concentrating on the diner’s breakfasts, which are known as some of the best in the area.
“We are also doing things like ham, egg and chips and fish and chips, and teas and coffees,” Caroline added.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 4 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
The cafe will be open seven days a week, initially from 7am to 2pm.