Burger King Ipswich store reopens - with Copdock drive-thru to follow
- Credit: Archant
A Burger King has reopened in Ipswich as the chain aims to have 350 of its restaurants open by the end of June.
The Burger King restaurant in West End Road is now open for delivery and drive-thru after closing due to the coronavirus lockdown.
The Copdock restaurant will also be open for drive-thru only from May 18.
The fast food chain is hoping to have reopened nearly 70% of its sites by the end of June and plans to open 40 restaurants a week from the end of May in order to get there.
However the full menu will not be available.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from the fast food company said: “Safety is Burger King’s number one priority, and to enable restaurants to continue to re-open a number of procedures have been put in place to safeguard the health of both Burger King employees and customers, following detailed operational testing.
“These include additional PPE such as masks and gloves for staff, stringent cleaning measures, contactless delivery options via Deliveroo and Just Eat and all Burger King staff comprehensively trained on the government’s social distancing measures – including how to run kitchens hygienically, while abiding by them.”
- 1 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 3 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 4 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 5 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 6 Go-ahead urged for 255-home first phase of massive new 'garden suburb'
- 7 Man fined after using woman's bank card at Ipswich kebab shop and taxi rank
- 8 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 9 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 10 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex