Business boost for Suffolk
BUSINESS in Suffolk has received a boost with the news that an industrial estate is expanding even further.Travel company First Choice recently opened a new call centre on Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham, creating 200 jobs.
BUSINESS in Suffolk has received a boost with the news that an industrial estate is further expanding.
Travel company, First Choice, recently opened a new call centre on Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham, creating 200 jobs.
Now plans have been unveiled to add an extra 10 small 'starter' business units as developers Edward Le Bas Properties Ltd, based on the 35-acre estate on Gipping Road, continue with a £12m project to transform the site into a hive of modern, light industry outlets.
An application for planning permission to build has been lodged with Mid Suffolk District Council. The application details two terraces of B1 units with ancillary offices and parking.
Syd Brown, managing director of Edward Le Bas Properties, said the units will add to the 60 businesses already in place and the plans will form part of permission already granted to develop 22,000 square feet at the site, owned by Richard Burrows of Barham.
The news comes as Mid Suffolk urge residents to make their voices heard over future development in the area as part of consultation over the Local Plan that sets out development guidelines.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
People have until the end of this month to make representations about the move.
For a copy of the Local Plan call 01449 727176.