Business boost for Suffolk
BUSINESS in Suffolk has received a boost with the news that an industrial estate is expanding even further.Travel company First Choice recently opened a new call centre on Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham, creating 200 jobs.
BUSINESS in Suffolk has received a boost with the news that an industrial estate is further expanding.
Travel company, First Choice, recently opened a new call centre on Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham, creating 200 jobs.
Now plans have been unveiled to add an extra 10 small 'starter' business units as developers Edward Le Bas Properties Ltd, based on the 35-acre estate on Gipping Road, continue with a £12m project to transform the site into a hive of modern, light industry outlets.
An application for planning permission to build has been lodged with Mid Suffolk District Council. The application details two terraces of B1 units with ancillary offices and parking.
You may also want to watch:
Syd Brown, managing director of Edward Le Bas Properties, said the units will add to the 60 businesses already in place and the plans will form part of permission already granted to develop 22,000 square feet at the site, owned by Richard Burrows of Barham.
The news comes as Mid Suffolk urge residents to make their voices heard over future development in the area as part of consultation over the Local Plan that sets out development guidelines.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
People have until the end of this month to make representations about the move.
For a copy of the Local Plan call 01449 727176.