Business burglaries in Martlesham and Ipswich thought to be linked
Burglaries to two commercial properties in Martlesham and Ipswich last month are believed to be linked, prompting a police appeal for witnesses.
The first burglary took place between 1pm on Saturday, April 23, and 7am on Monday, April 25, in Black Tiles Lane, Martlesham.
The suspects forced entry to containers and stole commercial power tools including whacker plates, drills, concrete breakers, laser levels and disc cutters worth thousands of pounds.
The second burglary took place at an enclosed site on Chantry Park, Ipswich, sometime between 8.30pm on Thursday, April 28 and 6.30am on Friday, April 29.
The offenders forced entry into the site and then broke into and searched a number of containers.
You may also want to watch:
Entry was also forced to a Ford Transit van and a number of tools were stolen, including a generator.
The value of the items stolen is thought to be approximately £1,800.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
Anyone who has been offered such items for sale, who witnessed the burglary or who may have information, is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101 reference or 37/29774/16 (Martlesham) 37/30729/16 (Chantry Park).
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org