Businesses combining to campaign for the A14
- Credit: Archant
Town Topics with Ipswich Chamber
Ipswich was delighted to host the launch of the new campaign being led by business to end delays on the A14.
No More A14 Delays in Suffolk was launched at a breakfast event at The Atrium at Wherstead Park, Ipswich and brought together over 100 business leaders and representatives from business groups and local authorities who recognise the importance of the issue to the future of Suffolk.
The A14 connects Suffolk’s businesses and many of its towns and villages and is their gateway to the UK to Europe and the world. Businesses rely on the fast, efficient movement of goods along the A14, but its problems are holding them back.
This important campaign calls on those with the power to make a difference to recognise the importance of the road to key economies along the A14, such as Ipswich, which can feel a real pressure when regular delays occur on the A14.
The campaign identifies a number of problem points on the A14 from where it enters Suffolk on the Cambridgeshire border across to Felixstowe in the east. It comes on the back of the award winning No Toll Tax on Suffolk campaign from 2013, which saw the Government reverse their proposals to toll the A14.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 8 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 9 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 10 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
Ipswich Chamber of Commerce