Businessman dies in rubber mat tragedy
A BRITISH holidaymaker has killed while sliding down an Italian ski slope on a rubber mat.David Monk, a 46-year-old businessman, crashed into a fence at Sauze d'Oulx, near Turin, late at night.
A BRITISH holidaymaker has killed while sliding down an Italian ski slope on a rubber mat.
David Monk, a 46-year-old businessman, crashed into a fence at Sauze d'Oulx, near Turin, late at night.
The dad of two, from Ware, Hertfordshire, died from head and chest injuries.
Mr Monk and two other men were using the mats to slide down the mountain when the accident happened, according to Foreign Office official.
You may also want to watch:
One of his friends needed hospital treatment, although his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening. Italian police are treating the death as an accident.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today