Businessman dies in rubber mat tragedy
A BRITISH holidaymaker has killed while sliding down an Italian ski slope on a rubber mat.David Monk, a 46-year-old businessman, crashed into a fence at Sauze d'Oulx, near Turin, late at night.
A BRITISH holidaymaker has killed while sliding down an Italian ski slope on a rubber mat.
David Monk, a 46-year-old businessman, crashed into a fence at Sauze d'Oulx, near Turin, late at night.
The dad of two, from Ware, Hertfordshire, died from head and chest injuries.
Mr Monk and two other men were using the mats to slide down the mountain when the accident happened, according to Foreign Office official.
One of his friends needed hospital treatment, although his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening. Italian police are treating the death as an accident.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 8 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking