Ipswich taxi firm claims prize in national industry awards
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich taxi firm is celebrating after being recognised with a national award.
Cabs Smart, which is based in Falcon Street, Ipswich, was awarded a silver trophy for ‘best private hire company’ in the one-80 cars category at the QSI awards in London.
In a glittering champagne ceremony held at the Copthorne Effingham Hotel in London, Ian Fountain accepted the award on behalf of the company’s owners Binumon Thankachan and Shirley Spicer.
Mr Fountain said: “It is great to have received this award on behalf of everyone that works here at Cabs Smart.
“We try very hard to get things right and to give a good service to the people of Ipswich, Woodbridge and Felixstowe and to receive this award from QSI is an honour.”
You may also want to watch:
The event recognises the efforts of those in the professional driver industries nationwide across 11 different award categories.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL