Ipswich taxi firm claims prize in national industry awards
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich taxi firm is celebrating after being recognised with a national award.
Cabs Smart, which is based in Falcon Street, Ipswich, was awarded a silver trophy for ‘best private hire company’ in the one-80 cars category at the QSI awards in London.
In a glittering champagne ceremony held at the Copthorne Effingham Hotel in London, Ian Fountain accepted the award on behalf of the company’s owners Binumon Thankachan and Shirley Spicer.
Mr Fountain said: “It is great to have received this award on behalf of everyone that works here at Cabs Smart.
“We try very hard to get things right and to give a good service to the people of Ipswich, Woodbridge and Felixstowe and to receive this award from QSI is an honour.”
The event recognises the efforts of those in the professional driver industries nationwide across 11 different award categories.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams