First look at Cardinal Park revamp
- Credit: Archant
One of Ipswich’s most popular leisure parks is in the middle of a makeover.
Work on new outdoor dining areas at Cardinal Park is also progressing well, according to council chiefs.
Proposals to revamp the area, which will apply to space in front of Ask Italian, Harvester and Nando’s, were given the go-ahead in late 2017.
An extended terrace has now replaced 28 car parking spaces directly outside the restaurants.
Current pictures of the site are a close match to the CGI mock-up created by Awake Architects.
New wood panelling has also been added to the main building and a Cardinal Park sign added to its frontage.
When finished, it is hoped the park will stand out at night with illuminated signs.
Despite the new additions, mystery still surrounds the empty Chimichanga unit.
A poll on this website earlier this year revealed 20% of readers would like a Gourmet Burger Kitchen housed in the vacant unit.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 5 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 6 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 7 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 8 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
- 9 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 10 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
The second most popular choice was Latin American restaurant Las Iguanas.