First look at Cardinal Park revamp
- Credit: Archant
One of Ipswich’s most popular leisure parks is in the middle of a makeover.
Work on new outdoor dining areas at Cardinal Park is also progressing well, according to council chiefs.
Proposals to revamp the area, which will apply to space in front of Ask Italian, Harvester and Nando’s, were given the go-ahead in late 2017.
An extended terrace has now replaced 28 car parking spaces directly outside the restaurants.
Current pictures of the site are a close match to the CGI mock-up created by Awake Architects.
New wood panelling has also been added to the main building and a Cardinal Park sign added to its frontage.
You may also want to watch:
When finished, it is hoped the park will stand out at night with illuminated signs.
Despite the new additions, mystery still surrounds the empty Chimichanga unit.
A poll on this website earlier this year revealed 20% of readers would like a Gourmet Burger Kitchen housed in the vacant unit.
- 1 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 2 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 3 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 4 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 7 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 8 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
The second most popular choice was Latin American restaurant Las Iguanas.