First look at Cardinal Park revamp
- Credit: Archant
One of Ipswich’s most popular leisure parks is in the middle of a makeover.
Work on new outdoor dining areas at Cardinal Park is also progressing well, according to council chiefs.
Proposals to revamp the area, which will apply to space in front of Ask Italian, Harvester and Nando’s, were given the go-ahead in late 2017.
An extended terrace has now replaced 28 car parking spaces directly outside the restaurants.
Current pictures of the site are a close match to the CGI mock-up created by Awake Architects.
New wood panelling has also been added to the main building and a Cardinal Park sign added to its frontage.
You may also want to watch:
When finished, it is hoped the park will stand out at night with illuminated signs.
Despite the new additions, mystery still surrounds the empty Chimichanga unit.
A poll on this website earlier this year revealed 20% of readers would like a Gourmet Burger Kitchen housed in the vacant unit.
- 1 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 4 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 5 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 6 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
- 9 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 10 Former cop who suffered from PTSD prepares to take on 24-hour marathon
The second most popular choice was Latin American restaurant Las Iguanas.