First look at Cardinal Park revamp
- Credit: Archant
One of Ipswich’s most popular leisure parks is in the middle of a makeover.
Work on new outdoor dining areas at Cardinal Park is also progressing well, according to council chiefs.
Proposals to revamp the area, which will apply to space in front of Ask Italian, Harvester and Nando’s, were given the go-ahead in late 2017.
An extended terrace has now replaced 28 car parking spaces directly outside the restaurants.
Current pictures of the site are a close match to the CGI mock-up created by Awake Architects.
New wood panelling has also been added to the main building and a Cardinal Park sign added to its frontage.
When finished, it is hoped the park will stand out at night with illuminated signs.
Despite the new additions, mystery still surrounds the empty Chimichanga unit.
A poll on this website earlier this year revealed 20% of readers would like a Gourmet Burger Kitchen housed in the vacant unit.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The second most popular choice was Latin American restaurant Las Iguanas.