New chicken restaurant set to open soon in Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Archant
A new restaurant and takeaway serving chicken and fish dishes is due to open soon in Ipswich town centre.
The Shawarma Bistro will be opening in one of the units created within the former Bretts furniture store in Westgate Street.
Owner Mohammed Ali said the menu will be inspired by Syrian cuisine. It will be based around seasoned, marinated chicken, which is prepared in a way similar to lamb doner kebabs.
“It will be totally different from anything else in the town,” Mr Ali said.
The menu will include dishes such as chicken and chips, chicken burgers, chicken roasts, fish fingers and rice.
He added he had already had a lot of interest from people walking past, who were asking about when the new restaurant would be open.
The new eaterie is expected to open its doors in around two weeks’ time. “About 30 people can sit down and there will be deliveries and takeaways,” Mr Ali said.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
Mr Ali said running a restaurant was a new venture for him, but he would have an experienced team at the restaurant.