New chicken restaurant set to open soon in Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Archant
A new restaurant and takeaway serving chicken and fish dishes is due to open soon in Ipswich town centre.
The Shawarma Bistro will be opening in one of the units created within the former Bretts furniture store in Westgate Street.
Owner Mohammed Ali said the menu will be inspired by Syrian cuisine. It will be based around seasoned, marinated chicken, which is prepared in a way similar to lamb doner kebabs.
“It will be totally different from anything else in the town,” Mr Ali said.
The menu will include dishes such as chicken and chips, chicken burgers, chicken roasts, fish fingers and rice.
You may also want to watch:
He added he had already had a lot of interest from people walking past, who were asking about when the new restaurant would be open.
The new eaterie is expected to open its doors in around two weeks’ time. “About 30 people can sit down and there will be deliveries and takeaways,” Mr Ali said.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
Mr Ali said running a restaurant was a new venture for him, but he would have an experienced team at the restaurant.