Which stores are joining in festive late-night shopping in Ipswich?
- Credit: Archant
This Thursday, November 28, will be the second late-night shopping event in Ipswich, with festive bargains ahead of Black Friday. Here’s our guide to which stores are taking part.
Late-night shopping launched last week with the big switch-on on the Cornhill. Cathy Frost, Ipswich Vision co-ordinator, said: "I think the switch-on went very well, with a lot of people coming into town."
Sailmakers Shopping Centre launches its late-night shopping season this week, and many of its stores will be offering early Black Friday deals.
Footfall is already on the way up according to centre manager Mike Sorhaindo, who says it is expected to average over 125,000 a week. "We've got some great deals from our retailers for this week, and we're expecting a great atmosphere here in the centre and plenty of shoppers."
There will also be free parking in the Crown car park from 2pm on all late night shopping Thursdays.
You may also want to watch:
Below are details of many of the shops in Ipswich town centre planning to join in the late-night opening, and some opening late on other nights. Some other shops will join in during December, and timings may change.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 5 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 6 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 7 Ipswich nursery rated as 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Accused 'did not intend to scare him'
- 9 Ipswich city bid dropped after failing to get backing from MP Tom Hunt
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- Sailmakers Shopping Centre: Open until 9pm, although shop opening times will vary. River Island is opening until 9pm, and HMV and Boots will be open until 8pm.
- Buttermarket Shopping Centre: Open until 9pm, but again individual store opening times will vary. New Look is opening until 8pm on Thursdays. TK Maxx is open until 8.30pm on both Thursdays and Fridays, 8pm from Monday to Wednesday and 7pm on Saturdays.
- Debenhams: Open until 9pm on both Thursdays and Fridays. It will also be open until 7pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Marks & Spencer: Open until 9pm on Thursdays and 7pm from Monday to Saturday. From December 13 onwards, the store will be open until 8pm daily, except Sundays.
- Coes: Open until 8pm.
- Accessorize, Tavern Street: Open until 8pm this Thursday, and 9pm from December 5.
- H&M, Tavern Street: Open until 9pm.
- Jack Wills, Tavern Street: Open until 7.30pm.
- Joules, Butter Market: Open until 8pm.
- Peacocks, Carr Street: Open until 8pm.
- Primark, Westgate Street: Open until 9pm.
- Ann Summers, Westgate Street: Open until 9pm.
Gifts, stationery, books and toys
- The Entertainer, Carr Street: Open until 9pm.
- Fair Trade Shop, Upper Brook Street: Open until 8pm.
- Orwell Model Railways, Tomline Road: Open until 9pm. Also open until 6pm on Wednesdays.
- Paperchase, Tavern Street: Open until 9pm.
- Waterstones, Butter Market: Open until 8pm.
- WH Smith, Westgate Street: Open until 8pm this Thursday and 9pm from next week.
Food and drink
- Hotel Chocolat, Tavern Street: Open until 8pm.
- Whittard, Tavern Street: Open until 8.30pm, with tastings.
Health and beauty
The Body Shop, Tavern Street: Open until 8.30pm.
Kiko Milano: Open until 8.30pm.
Superdrug, Tavern Street: Open until 9pm.
Lush, Tavern Street: Open until 8pm on November 28, then 9pm from December 5.
- Global Educational Trust (GET), Princes Street: If you're looking for a break from shopping, this shop is also taking part in the late-night shopping event this Thursday, opening from 4.30 to 8pm. You can take three books free of charge each day. You can choose to make a small donation, but this is voluntary.
Is your store taking part in late-night shopping? Email us to be added to the list.