Mothercare Ipswich launches ‘closing down sale’ as company shuts remaining stores across UK
- Credit: GOOGLE
Mothercare in Ipswich is having a big closing down sale after the baby goods chain fell into administration, shutting all its stores across the UK.
Most of the products at the Copdock interchange store will be discounted as the firm looks to sell all its remaining stock.
The chain, which has been a staple of the high street since 1961, announced earlier this week it would be conducting a phased closure of all 79 of its remaining shops, which has led to 16 employees in Ipswich losing their jobs.
However, shop workers say that more than 40 people work at the Ipswich outlet.
While the sale goes on, Mothercare's website will remain live and discounts will also be available online.
Customers are being encouraged to spend any gift cards as soon as possible.
The company has also confirmed that any product warranties and guarantees will remain valid.
A spokesman for Mothercare Ipswich said: "This is a great opportunity for customers to pick up some amazing deals as everything is reduced.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 6 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 7 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 8 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 9 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 10 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
"Demand will be high so don't wait to grab a fantastic deal, especially if you're Christmas shopping.
"We'd also like to thank our customers in the local area for their historic support of the Mothercare brand."