Mothercare Ipswich launches ‘closing down sale’ as company shuts remaining stores across UK
- Credit: GOOGLE
Mothercare in Ipswich is having a big closing down sale after the baby goods chain fell into administration, shutting all its stores across the UK.
Most of the products at the Copdock interchange store will be discounted as the firm looks to sell all its remaining stock.
The chain, which has been a staple of the high street since 1961, announced earlier this week it would be conducting a phased closure of all 79 of its remaining shops, which has led to 16 employees in Ipswich losing their jobs.
However, shop workers say that more than 40 people work at the Ipswich outlet.
While the sale goes on, Mothercare's website will remain live and discounts will also be available online.
Customers are being encouraged to spend any gift cards as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
The company has also confirmed that any product warranties and guarantees will remain valid.
A spokesman for Mothercare Ipswich said: "This is a great opportunity for customers to pick up some amazing deals as everything is reduced.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
"Demand will be high so don't wait to grab a fantastic deal, especially if you're Christmas shopping.
"We'd also like to thank our customers in the local area for their historic support of the Mothercare brand."