Running the Elmer Trail - and grooming elephants
- Credit: Archant
Across the region co-operatives are coming together to celebrate community, with special activities in Ipswich, Colchester and Norwich.
Through a partnership with GoodGym, East of England Co-op members are going on community runs and keeping fit while carrying out a range of activities including gardening at a care home, maintaining the Elmer Parade sculptures, supporting a foodbank and raising awareness of food waste.
It is a celebration of community.
On Monday the first of three GoodGym runs took place, around Ipswich and the Elmer Trail. The runners were checking each one, making sure they were looking good, clean and free from litter.
You could say they were grooming elephants.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday members went to help out at Colchester Foodbank which helps support families in crisis. They cleaned up, helped with stock auditing and donated food and toiletries. Members of the public had donated food items through their local East of England Co-op food stores.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash