Running the Elmer Trail - and grooming elephants
- Credit: Archant
Across the region co-operatives are coming together to celebrate community, with special activities in Ipswich, Colchester and Norwich.
Through a partnership with GoodGym, East of England Co-op members are going on community runs and keeping fit while carrying out a range of activities including gardening at a care home, maintaining the Elmer Parade sculptures, supporting a foodbank and raising awareness of food waste.
It is a celebration of community.
On Monday the first of three GoodGym runs took place, around Ipswich and the Elmer Trail. The runners were checking each one, making sure they were looking good, clean and free from litter.
You could say they were grooming elephants.
On Wednesday members went to help out at Colchester Foodbank which helps support families in crisis. They cleaned up, helped with stock auditing and donated food and toiletries. Members of the public had donated food items through their local East of England Co-op food stores.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 3 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 8 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery