First look at plans for huge new development at Ipswich’s Futura Park
- Credit: Archant
Work on a new 145,000 sq ft business centre at Ipswich’s Futura Park will soon get under way.
Industrial property developer Chancerygate will begin building the 19-unit Cranes Business Centre in September, after purchasing the site in April.
MORE: 'It just felt right' - New owners save Suffolk pub after shock closureThe development will include environmental and sustainable features such as electric vehicle charging points and high-performance building materials
These new CGI images provide a first look at how the site is expected to take shape, with the first units available from summer 2020.
Situated close just off the A14 close to John Lewis, Waitrose and Jaguar Land Rover, the development will offer units ranging in size from 2,050 sq ft to 51,000 sq ft.
Chancerygate development director, George Dickens, said: "We are very pleased to have been granted detailed planning consent by Ipswich Borough Council who have recognised the potential of regenerating this brownfield site into a high specification business centre.
You may also want to watch:
"Cranes Business Centre is an excellent example of the type of strategic regional location that Chancerygate seeks to develop and, in doing so, create new business and employment opportunities."
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal