Ipswich man’s new business aims to help people explore Suffolk on two wheels
- Credit: Archant
Businessman Ian Wray is hoping to encourage tourists to explore Ipswich and Suffolk by bike.
Keen cyclist Mr Wray, 61, wants to share his enthusiam for two wheels and turn his hobby into a new business, Gypeswyk Pedals.
The former schoolteacher said: “Since I retired I have been out discovering Suffolk, the country roads and greenways, and byeways.
“This is such a lovely area. Cycling is a great way to explore it. You see so much.
“I am not into Lycra and riding fast! It is not that sort of cycling.
You may also want to watch:
“I have a standard road bike, and a safety helmet.
“It would be so nice to share the experience with other people, and to help them enjoy it.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
“There are so many pretty places to see in Suffolk. Sometimes tourists don’t know where to find them.
“I want them to find those really nice places.”
There are lots of potential routes into lovely countryside, starting out from Ipswich, he said, for half day or whole day tours.
“The idea is that I cycle with you, showing you the route, and insights and history.
“It is about taking it slow, and coffee/pub stops can be incorporated.
“I am group tour leader qualified with Cycling UK.”
Tourists could bring their own bikes, he said, or bike hire was available from Waterfront Bikes.
“I have had discussions with them and we are hoping to work together.
“It is all about co-operation.
“There are already a number of businesses providing for tourists to Ipswich and I hope to work with them too.”
Visit www.ianjohnwray.wixsite.com/gypeswyk-pedals or call 07794011090 for details.