David sails in to Fox’s Marina
- Credit: Archant
New yard manager at Fox’s Marina
Fox’s Marina and Boatyard has appointed David Russell as yard manager.
David joins Will Taylor-Jones, who took over as managing director at Fox’s earlier this year.
A Chartered Engineer, Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, and an experienced blue water
yachtsman, David brings a wealth of practicalyacht building and marine engineering experience to
the Fox’s team.
His career includes Composite Project Manager at Devonport Dockyards, which included work on
- 1 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 6 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 7 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 8 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
superyachts, naval vessels and lifeboats.
He later joined the renowned E C Landamore, as engineering manager, overseeing the new build of many Oyster yachts, later becoming technical manager responsible for system design and installation, whilst also being responsible for managing the refit and repair of various custom projects.
When he’s not helping out at his local scout group where he is a scout leader, or working on customer’s boats, David likes nothing more than to be working or sailing on his own boat.
Previous projects have included refitting a 37’ steel sailing yacht in which he subsequently went on to complete a five-year circumnavigation from 1995- 2000 with his wife, Jane, who is the Director of the Pilotage Foundation and author of
the Atlantic Crossing Guide.
This was followed by the fit-out of a 39’ steel vessel in which David and Jane and their family undertook a 13-month cruise of the Mediterranean in 2011-2012.