David sails in to Fox’s Marina
- Credit: Archant
New yard manager at Fox’s Marina
Fox’s Marina and Boatyard has appointed David Russell as yard manager.
David joins Will Taylor-Jones, who took over as managing director at Fox’s earlier this year.
A Chartered Engineer, Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, and an experienced blue water
yachtsman, David brings a wealth of practicalyacht building and marine engineering experience to
You may also want to watch:
the Fox’s team.
His career includes Composite Project Manager at Devonport Dockyards, which included work on
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 3 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 6 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
superyachts, naval vessels and lifeboats.
He later joined the renowned E C Landamore, as engineering manager, overseeing the new build of many Oyster yachts, later becoming technical manager responsible for system design and installation, whilst also being responsible for managing the refit and repair of various custom projects.
When he’s not helping out at his local scout group where he is a scout leader, or working on customer’s boats, David likes nothing more than to be working or sailing on his own boat.
Previous projects have included refitting a 37’ steel sailing yacht in which he subsequently went on to complete a five-year circumnavigation from 1995- 2000 with his wife, Jane, who is the Director of the Pilotage Foundation and author of
the Atlantic Crossing Guide.
This was followed by the fit-out of a 39’ steel vessel in which David and Jane and their family undertook a 13-month cruise of the Mediterranean in 2011-2012.