Ipswich law firm Kerseys hosts business leaders from Chinese province of Jiangsu Xuzhou City
- Credit: Archant
A 13-strong delegation from China has visited Suffolk law firm Kerseys as part of a cultural exchange.
The party of 13 people from Xuzhou, in the province of Jiangsu Xuzhou City, went to Kerseys’ Ipswich office to learn more about industry in Suffolk.
The meeting was organised by the Anglo Chinese Cultural Exchange (ACCE,) which is based in Ipswich, after Lydia Tse, who runs ACCE, viewed an exhibition of artwork at the Ipswich and Suffolk Club by Kerseys managing partner and artist Anthony Wooding.
The group, led by Madam Ding Chuan, vice chairman of Jiangsu Xuzhou City Federation of Industry and Commerce, visited to learn more about industry and commerce in Suffolk as the most important industries of Xuzhou are machinery, energy and food production, particularly wheat-maize rotation.
Anthony Wooding said: “The event was quite spontaneous and good fun all round. We were happy to host the group and learn more about each other’s home towns and working practices.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a lot of synergy here as we are both based in agriculture areas. It was an opportunity to reap the benefits of our different experiences and viewpoints.”
Lydia Tse added: “We hope that by engaging in the exchange of cultures and arts with others, we will create a greater understanding, grow and be stronger.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 4 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 5 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 6 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 9 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
“We have a Chinese saying that ‘when societies are harmonious, all peoples can work together as one.’ We are grateful to Kerseys for hosting the event, particularly at short-notice, and for their contribution to the community.”