Deliveroo to start delivering wine in Ipswich
- Credit: PA
Deliveroo is set to begin delivering wine, spirits and champagne to Ipswich.
The wine will come from nationwide brand Majestic Wine, which has a store on Commercial Road.
The announcement came as the brand looked to expand its partnership with Deliveroo from 30 to 80 different stores across the UK.
Colchester and Chelmsford will also be served under the expansion.
Bosses said the wines are specifically chosen for matching with food, with the public stuck at home and looking for a drink to enjoy with their meal.
Majestic added that prices on Deliveroo would be the same as in store. Companies on Deliveroo have been known to increase prices on the app for customers to cover the app costs.
Ajay Lakhwani, vice president of new business, Deliveroo, said: “We are delighted to announce this major expansion with Majestic Wine, the UK’s leading specialist in wine, and play our role in making sure households have access to everything they need and want during Covid-19.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 6 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 7 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 8 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 New Ipswich office is 'testament to continued success' for business
“The roll-out of Majestic Wine on Deliveroo across 80 sites in the UK is great news for our customers across the country, who can now enjoy an even wider choice of delicious wine, delivered in as little as under 30 minutes.”
Robert Cooke, Majestic’s chief commercial officer, said: “Wine is something which continues to provide joy and discovery within your own walls, even in the face of Covid-19. We are always looking for new ways to help our customers keep making those discoveries whilst in lockdown and beyond, as safely and interactively as possible.”