Double celebration at Degero bar
Ipswich bar and venue owner says `great teamwork is the key’ to success
These are exciting times at the Degero bar in St Nicholas Street, Ipswich.
There were celebrations last Saturday - despite that England rugby result - when regulars gathered to raise a glass or two to the bar’s succes sin the Ipswich Best Bar None Awards.
In a night of glamour at Portman Road the previous Thursday night Degero was revealed as winner of Best Town Centre Venue award and the winner of the overall Best Bar None top award for 2015.
I chatted with owner Darren Pratt and manager Nicole Sagnella again, on Saturday, after the news had sunk in.
You may also want to watch:
Nicole Sagnella said: “It is still difficult to take it in. We are all so pleased.”
Owner Darren Pratt said: “It is all about teamwork. I am very much in the background and Nicole has a great team here.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer joins Ipswich bingo night
- 3 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 4 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 5 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 6 Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- 7 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Mum's pride as former Ipswich schoolboy named in Tokyo 2020 Olympics squad
- 10 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
“It is a tribute to them all, and to Nicole for all her own hard work.
“Teamwork is the key to success. We didn’t expect to win one award, and to get two and be the overall winner too is fantastic.”
Nicole added: “We have a great team here; the bars taff and the door team under
Darren, previously well known for his days as a semi-professional footballer for AFC Sudbury and Long Melford in the then Ridgeons League, is very experienced in the licenced trade across the region.
He also runs the Saracen’s Head Hotel in Chelmsford, which is very different and a traditional coach house restaurant, and also the Cliff Hotel in Harwich.
Nicole added: “We all work together in one team including the door team under Colin Goodrich and our DJS, DJ Hectic on Fridays and Kayzee on Saturdays.”