Double celebration at Degero bar
Ipswich bar and venue owner says `great teamwork is the key’ to success
These are exciting times at the Degero bar in St Nicholas Street, Ipswich.
There were celebrations last Saturday - despite that England rugby result - when regulars gathered to raise a glass or two to the bar’s succes sin the Ipswich Best Bar None Awards.
In a night of glamour at Portman Road the previous Thursday night Degero was revealed as winner of Best Town Centre Venue award and the winner of the overall Best Bar None top award for 2015.
I chatted with owner Darren Pratt and manager Nicole Sagnella again, on Saturday, after the news had sunk in.
Nicole Sagnella said: “It is still difficult to take it in. We are all so pleased.”
Owner Darren Pratt said: “It is all about teamwork. I am very much in the background and Nicole has a great team here.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 7 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts
- 10 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
“It is a tribute to them all, and to Nicole for all her own hard work.
“Teamwork is the key to success. We didn’t expect to win one award, and to get two and be the overall winner too is fantastic.”
Nicole added: “We have a great team here; the bars taff and the door team under
Darren, previously well known for his days as a semi-professional footballer for AFC Sudbury and Long Melford in the then Ridgeons League, is very experienced in the licenced trade across the region.
He also runs the Saracen’s Head Hotel in Chelmsford, which is very different and a traditional coach house restaurant, and also the Cliff Hotel in Harwich.
Nicole added: “We all work together in one team including the door team under Colin Goodrich and our DJS, DJ Hectic on Fridays and Kayzee on Saturdays.”