Eastern region social enterprise Realise Futures has won a government contract to assist lone parents find a job.
- Credit: Archant
Realise Futures to provide employment support for lone parents
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has awarded the one-year contract to Realise Futures to work with lone parents, claiming benefits, looking for work.
Realise Futures is a specialist provider of employment support services, learning and development, and is the largest provider of careers advice services in the East of England. The contract will see Realise Futures use a team of specialist staff - with experience of helping people facing complex and specific barriers to employment - develop an action plan, supported with careers advice and ongoing intensive support once employment has been secured.
Contract Manager for Realise Futures, Mel Harvey, said: “This will provide invaluable support to lone parents across the region. The groups targeted by this provision face multiple barriers and we have experienced staff within Realise Futures who will be able to offer a varied range of intensive support to enable them to gain confidence and progress.
“Much of the support will be delivered across children’s and family centres, giving Realise Futures an excellent opportunity to further develop our extensive partnership working.”
You may also want to watch:
Realise Futures recently won a three-year contract from Essex County Council to provide supported employment services for adults with disabilities throughout Essex, helping them with skills and training in order to build their confidence to allow them to progress to paid employment.
Realise Futures is a community interest company employing around 400 people, 40% of whom are disabled or disadvantaged.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win