Meet the mum who transformed a greenhouse into an award-winning beauty salon
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A new mum is celebrating after winning a trio of awards less than a year after a major move.
Michelle Henry, owner of Eden Beauty House, was heavily pregnant when she decided to relocate her salon from Westerfield Business Centre - and chose a former greenhouse as the new location.
Despite having a new baby, she set to work transforming the redundant building at Laurel Farm Garden Centre in Henley Road and relaunched in October last year. She was helped along the way by builder dad Derrick Henry.
"He said we can do this," Mrs Henry, who has been running the business for five years, added. "But it was quite a challenge."
She explained the previous location at Westerfield Business Centre was not the most "relaxing" space.
You may also want to watch:
"So that was the kind of the idea behind it," she said.
"We just hit the ground running when we moved and now have made our mark. It's nicer for customers."
- 1 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 2 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
- 3 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 4 Roadworks held up by parked Mini
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 More than 500 pupils test positive for Covid since start of term
- 7 Chris Louis big Q&A: What now for the Witches? What now for speedway?
- 8 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 9 Man sent obscene online messages to two 'decoy' schoolgirls while on drugs
- 10 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder 'remains under investigation'
The salon opening was short lived thanks to lockdown but now they are back in business and celebrating success at industry awards.
Mrs Henry won gold in the entrepreneur of the year category at The British Hair and Beauty Awards. And she and the team of four beauty therapists were awarded silver for beauty salon of the year and excellence in customers service.
"So nice to be announced the winner and its fantastic to be on the map," said the ecstatic owner.
"It was hard work and amazing really."
She said she could not have done this without the work of her team.
"I would like to make sure the Eden team are thanked as well as our loyal clients new and old," she added.
"My dad especially for building the salon and my family for their continued belief and support."
The British Hair and Beauty Awards, established in 2014, are one of the most prestigious online awards for the hair, beauty, nails and spa industry recognising those who make a real difference and encouraging their development and hard work throughout the year.