Election candidates to face business leaders
Members of the Ipswich business community will today get their chance to put questions to the three main political parties’ General Election hopefuls in the town.
IPSWICH: Members of the business community will today get their chance to put their questions to the three main political parties’ General Election hopefuls in the town.
A Question Time-style debate is being held at lunchtime as a curtain-raiser to the Suffolk Business Exhibition, being held at Trinity Park.
Ipswich Labour MP Chris Mole will be going head-to-head against rivals Ben Gummer, Conservative, and Mark Dyson, Liberal Democrat, in front of an audience made up of members from the Ipswich & Suffolk Small Business Association and Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, which are jointly organising the exhibition.
Also on the panel will be Julie West, chief executive of regional food and drink promotional group Tastes of Anglia, and Duncan Brodie, business editor of the East Anglian Daily Times, sister title to the Evening Star.
You may also want to watch:
The Question Time event is being sponsored by the EADT, Suffolk Business Magazine and chartered accountants PKF.
The main exhibition, which is open to all and free to attend, runs from 2pm to 7pm and will feature displays by more than 120 businesses from across Suffolk and beyond.
- 1 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 2 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 3 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 4 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
Sponsors of the exhibition include Archant Suffolk, Suffolk County Council, Ipswich Borough Council, BBC Radio Suffolk, Picasso HR, Scrutton Bland, Jackaman Smith & Mulley, Business Link, Dummett Copp, React Computer Partnership, BT Local Business and Trinity Park Conference Centre.