Fancy running a former Wetherspoon pub?
- Credit: Archant
New tenants are being sought for The Golden Lion Hotel bar and restaurant, next to the Cornhill in the heart of Ipswich.
The historic building – most recently a Wetherspoon pub and still with some furniture in place, beer pumps and fittings on the bar – and now ready for a new operator to move in.
Commercial agent Trevor Harris said: “This is a great location, right next to the recently refurbished Cornhill, and it is just waiting for a new operator. It is ideal for a creative operator.
“It is a freehouse, which is a big attraction, and it has an outside area for al fresco dining and to enjoy the summer sunshine.
“It offers substantial trading accommodation.
“Wetherspoons have surrendered the lease and the landlords have instructed me to let it.
“It is a great opportunity for an independent operator, being free of any tie.”
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 6 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 7 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 8 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 New Ipswich office is 'testament to continued success' for business
The Golden Lion has around 5,000sqft of trading and other space, he said, plus cellar and stores, and a manager’s flat.
The main central bar and seating areas offers 120 covers. The Golden Lion is available on a new 20 year lease, he added.
More details area available from Harris Commercial Surveyors.