Fancy running a former Wetherspoon pub?
- Credit: Archant
New tenants are being sought for The Golden Lion Hotel bar and restaurant, next to the Cornhill in the heart of Ipswich.
The historic building – most recently a Wetherspoon pub and still with some furniture in place, beer pumps and fittings on the bar – and now ready for a new operator to move in.
Commercial agent Trevor Harris said: “This is a great location, right next to the recently refurbished Cornhill, and it is just waiting for a new operator. It is ideal for a creative operator.
“It is a freehouse, which is a big attraction, and it has an outside area for al fresco dining and to enjoy the summer sunshine.
“It offers substantial trading accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
“Wetherspoons have surrendered the lease and the landlords have instructed me to let it.
“It is a great opportunity for an independent operator, being free of any tie.”
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 6 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 7 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
The Golden Lion has around 5,000sqft of trading and other space, he said, plus cellar and stores, and a manager’s flat.
The main central bar and seating areas offers 120 covers. The Golden Lion is available on a new 20 year lease, he added.
More details area available from Harris Commercial Surveyors.