Organic farm shop just outside Ipswich opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
An organic farm shop based inside a renovated stable block has opened just outside Ipswich.
Broomvale Organic Farm Shop opened today in Claydon, just off the B1113.
Owner Ben Goodrum was made redundant early on in the pandemic and has since been painstakingly restoring the building which used to house a different farm shop.
Despite never having run a farm shop before Mr Goodrum said he is looking forward to the challenge and to being his own boss.
He said: “The aim is to provide quality, fresh, local produce for people. I’ve had to find the local contacts to supply a full range of vegetables, fruits, preserves, honey – all the things you need from a farm shop.
“As we get established, we’re looking to build relationships with more organic producers in the area to be able to add to our range and offer the customers more choice.”
Mr Goodrum said he was prepared should further coronavirus restrictions come into place.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
He has created an outside market stall and a sanitising station for those who wish to shop without coming into the shop.
“And if we do have to go back into another lockdown then I’ll also be offering deliveries for the vulnerable,” he said.