Fast food franchise grows with 99th sandwich shop
- Credit: Archant
Fast food giant Subway has opened in Ipswich’s busy Sailmakers Shopping Centre
The new branch of the world’s biggest restaurant business will create ten new jobs in a unit on the ground floor of the centre.
It is part of a major Subway franchise, Ness Ventures, based in Colchester and is the 99th branch of the sandwich outlet that they have opened – number 1,000 is on the way.
Adrian Johnson, a partner in the operation, said: “We cover Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk and we’re still growing and we bake all our bread in store fresh every day.
“We chose Sailmakers because it’s a really good development opportunity in a shopping centre in a prime location with good footfall and close to the high street and the bus station.
You may also want to watch:
“We have opened this week but we are also planning a grand opening launch in the next four weeks when we will be doing some special offers for our customers.”
Subway is the latest major new arrival at the Centre in the last eight months following on from bb’s coffee and muffins, Pandora, River Island, Poundland and Iceland.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 5 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
It also comes in the wake of major refits for fashion houses QUIZ and Topshop.
Sailmakers Centre Manager Mike Sorhaindo said: “We’re delighted to welcome Subway here. They’re a popular and high quality brand which will add to the food offer here at the Centre.
“This and the other new arrivals are a vindication of the £4 million investment made in the shopping centre which is already reaping rewards in new jobs and increased economic activity in the town.
“Subway will bring a new dynamic to the Centre and they will fit in perfectly with the atmosphere of Sailmakers and is sure to be a big hit with our