Subway set to return to town centre - four months after closure
- Credit: Archant
Well-known high street food brand Subway is to return to Felixstowe four months after closing its doors.
The Subway branch in Hamilton Road has been closed since July - but now it has emerged that the site is to re-open under new management.
The store will officially re-open on December 4.
A spokesman for Subway said: "Subway is delighted to confirm that a new store will be opening in Felixstowe on December 4.
"It will be opening under a new, highly-experienced franchisee as his seventh store.
"He and his team look forward to welcoming guests back to Felixstowe very soon."
There had been growing concerns about the future of the seaside resort's high street after a number of stores closed their doors.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
The most high profile of these was Marks and Spencer in Hamilton Road, which has been empty since April this year.