Subway set to return to town centre - four months after closure
- Credit: Archant
Well-known high street food brand Subway is to return to Felixstowe four months after closing its doors.
The Subway branch in Hamilton Road has been closed since July - but now it has emerged that the site is to re-open under new management.
The store will officially re-open on December 4.
A spokesman for Subway said: "Subway is delighted to confirm that a new store will be opening in Felixstowe on December 4.
"It will be opening under a new, highly-experienced franchisee as his seventh store.
You may also want to watch:
"He and his team look forward to welcoming guests back to Felixstowe very soon."
There had been growing concerns about the future of the seaside resort's high street after a number of stores closed their doors.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 6 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
The most high profile of these was Marks and Spencer in Hamilton Road, which has been empty since April this year.