Fifty years working at developer Gipping Homes
- Credit: Archant
Double celebration for projects managers Steve Hembery and Scott Jackson as they mark 25 years service with housebuilder.
Two men from Suffolk are celebrating reaching the milestone of 50 years of work between them for the same company that they both joined, initially, on work experience placements.
Steve Hembery and Scott Jackson have been working for Suffolk based housebuilder Gipping Homes since they started their careers as apprentices aged just 15.
They are currently working on The Bartlet Development in Felixstowe.
Steve, who is 45 and lives in Baylham, started with Gipping Homes in 1985 and in his 30 years has worked his way up from an apprentice carpenter to be a projects manager.
You may also want to watch:
Scott, who also started aged 15, has racked up 20 years with the company, starting off as a ground worker and advancing up through the ranks to also become a projects manager.
On reaching his 30 years of service milestone Steve said: “The housebuilding industry has changed hugely in 30 years – health and safety has become paramount, design and materials have changed and the processes we use have progressed. But I love what I do as much as I did when I started, and the Gipping Homes team are now like a family to me.”
- 1 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 4 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 5 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 6 Former cop who suffered from PTSD prepares to take on 24-hour marathon
- 7 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 8 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
- 9 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
Scott added: “Not many people can claim to work for the same company for two decades but I wouldn’t consider going anywhere else. Working on The Bartlet development has been a fantastic experience, we’re bringing it back to life whilst securing its legacy and developing beautiful properties – it’s been an honour to be part of the project.”
Director Heather Blemings said of the two: “Steve and Scott are such integral members of the team and we’re thrilled that they have given Gipping Homes 50 years of loyalty, hard work and dedication. We are a family run business, and working together as a team is at the heart of how we operate. We love nothing more than seeing talent develop from a young age - Steve and Scott are perfect examples of this. They now act as mentors to our current group of trainees and apprentices and we are exceptionally lucky to have that expertise as part of what we offer customers.”
Gipping Homes are currently developing The Bartlet and the former Bath Hotel in Felixstowe into prestigious apartments and townhouses.