Firm backs social care showcase
ipswich: A social work firm played host to a prestigious industry awards event at the Palace of Westminster.
Sanctuary Social Care, based at Neptune Quay, Ipswich, was the headline sponsor and organiser of the Social Worker of the Year Awards 2012.
Social workers from across the country flocked to the event.
Estelle Thain, of the Family Support Service at Peterborough City Council, was pronounced overall winner after triumphing in the Children’s Social Worker of the Year category.
Sanctuary Social Care boss James Rook said the awards were about “showcasing the excellent and diverse work undertaken by social workers”.
You may also want to watch:
Sanctuary, the UK’s largest privately-owned social work recruitment company, became involved in the Social Worker of the Year Awards, which this year attracted record entries, in 2010.
It wanted to support award founder Beverley Williams’ vision to improve national pride in the profession.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before