Firm backs social care showcase
ipswich: A social work firm played host to a prestigious industry awards event at the Palace of Westminster.
Sanctuary Social Care, based at Neptune Quay, Ipswich, was the headline sponsor and organiser of the Social Worker of the Year Awards 2012.
Social workers from across the country flocked to the event.
Estelle Thain, of the Family Support Service at Peterborough City Council, was pronounced overall winner after triumphing in the Children’s Social Worker of the Year category.
Sanctuary Social Care boss James Rook said the awards were about “showcasing the excellent and diverse work undertaken by social workers”.
Sanctuary, the UK’s largest privately-owned social work recruitment company, became involved in the Social Worker of the Year Awards, which this year attracted record entries, in 2010.
It wanted to support award founder Beverley Williams’ vision to improve national pride in the profession.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction