First special tree is in the Arboretum at Christchurch Park
- Credit: Archant
Law firm planting trees to mark 110th anniversary
Staff from law firm Prettys’ Ipswich office gathered at the Arboretum in Christchurch Park to plant the first of 110 trees to mark the law firm’s 110th anniversary.
The tree, a rare Montezuma Pine, is being planted with support from the Friends of Christchurch Park, and is the first of its kind at the park. It can be recognised by its large plume of needles and magnificent pine cones.
The remaining 109 trees will be planted in various locations across Ipswich during National Tree Week later in the year.
Ian Carr, chief executive of Prettys, said: “I am delighted to join my colleagues in planting this tree to mark our 110th Anniversary. Having been located here in the centre of Ipswich for over a century, it is important that we contribute to the future of our wonderful park and green spaces around Ipswich.”
You may also want to watch:
David Miller, chairman of the Friends of Christchurch Park, said: “It is a pleasure to support a long standing business such as Prettys in choosing a rare and unusual species to add to our fantastic collection here at Christchurch Park. We hope that, with the continued support of local people and businesses, we can ensure our Park will be enjoyed for many generations to come.”
The tree planting is part of a series of activities that Prettys is undertaking to celebrate their 110th anniversary and has included a number of fundraising events for Papworth Trust raising almost £3,500 so far.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 4 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Do you remember having a pint at Ipswich's Sporting Farmer pub?
- 8 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build