First yoga day at the Waterfront went well
- Credit: Archant
Former dance teacher Lynn Turner’s first Yoga Day at the Jerwood DanceHouse, on the Ipswich Waterfront, was a great success.
Lynn, herself a keen follower of yoga, and the owner of the Cake and Catwalk boutique, was very pleased with the event - A Day Of Yoga.
“It was a very successful day and we have lots of great feedback.
“It was a great opportunity for people to try something different, and we had a range of participants from experienced people to beginners. All age groups and all abilities.
“It was an opportunity to try something new, and a chance to share their impressions of it.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a wide range of classes available during the day, from mindfullness to Ashtanga. Classes for all abilities and levels.
“The teachers came from Bury St Edmunds, Norfolk, Essex, Woodbridge and Ipswich, of course.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 6 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 7 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety
- 8 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
“It was a really lovely day and I felt we all learned something.
“There was good, healthy food and some interesting discussions.”
Lynn said she had been inspired to organise amother similar event, probably later in the year.
“The feedback was very good, and interesting.
“The only criticism was that some people wanted longer than the hour-and-a-quarter sessions with tutors, when they had really got into it.
“The DanceHouse is a great place to have this, people are able to really move in the space and enjoy it.
“It is a lovely space to be in.
“I would like to do another one later in the year.”
Lynn, who practises yoga daily herself for fitness, said: “I am very very pleased with the Jerwood as a venue.
“Of course, there are already yoga classes here at the DanceHouse, with new classes beginning in September.”