Fizzwig Designs praised by borough council leader
- Credit: Archant
Award success for Ipswich design company
A company which uses an apprenticeship scheme set up by Ipswich Borough Council has won The Apprenticeships 4 England Silver Employer award.
Fizzwig Designs was nominated in the small business category by its training provider WS Training and staff attended the awards ceremony last week. The award recognises outstanding examples of quality, best practice, innovation and excellence in apprenticeship delivery.
Council Leader David Ellesmere said: “Our apprentice brokerage scheme with Papworth Trust was set up to help small local companies who had never taken on an apprentice before. It is great to see the positive benefit it has had for companies like Fizzwig Designs. The scheme is designed to create more opportunities for people to get on the jobs and skills ladder, particularly in the ICT and digital creative sectors. Jobs and skills is a key goal for us and one that is seeing steady successes.
“I congratulate Wendy and her team and hope more companies, both large and small, follow their lead.”
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Cook, co-founder of Fizzwig Design, said: “Right from the start we have made our apprentices feel valued. They all know how what they do fits in within the company and we ensure that we involve them when we make decisions about the business. Our hope is that, through the apprenticeship scheme, we can build our workforce of the future. By offering a huge amount of support and taking the time to train our young team we are not only teaching our apprentices about sales and the sales process; we are also giving them life skills that will stay with them for the future. And, hopefully, that future will be with our company.”
The Council’s Apprenticeship Brokerage Scheme is being delivered by the Papworth Trust through the one-stop youth job centre, myGo.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 3 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 7 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 8 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
Fizzwig Designs is based in Ipswich and was founded in 2006 by Wendy Cook and Mark Keable.