Opening date set for Food Warehouse in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A giant Food Warehouse, the latest development by the Iceland Foods supermarket group, is to open in Ipswich at the end of the month.
Food Warehouse has invested more than £750,000 bringing its latest wholesale supermarket to the Euro Retail Park.
The 8,694 sq ft unit is scheduled to open on Tuesday, July 30.
The shop, which specialises in wholesale and bulk sales, has created 30 new retail jobs for the town.
It is one of two Food Warehouse in the pipeline for Ipswich - another large unit is planned for the Suffolk Retail Park, off London Road, and is set to open over the summer.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk Retail Park store, close to The Range, Next and Argos, has been refurbished and a large section of car park resurfaced ready for the new arrival.
The opening date has not been revealed.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
A spokesman said the Food Warehouse concept combines the convenience of bulk buying and fresh food, and that they offer more than 3,000 product lines without the hassle of membership.
Launched five years ago, there are already 100 Food Warehouses across the country, in retail parks and larger shopping districts.
Each store is given a quality warehouse style fit-out, and ranges in size from 8,000 sq ft to 15,000 sq ft.
Kristian Barrett operations director for The Food Warehouse said: "We're delighted to be opening our new store in Ipswich.
"The Food Warehouse is an innovative store format, responding to the changing needs of shoppers by offering amazing bulk-buy deals and homeware offers alongside a fantastic range of frozen, fresh and chilled foods."
Ipswich store manager Dominic Sharpe added: "The whole team is excited to welcome local shoppers to our brand new store, which is something totally different for Ipswich."