Free event with expert speakers at Ipswich cafe bar
- Credit: Archant
Cafe Scientifique events return to Arlingtons with `Does it Matter Who Funds Science?’ on Tuesday November 21.
Cafe Scientifique events are returning to Arlingtons Brasserie, Ipswich on Tuesday November 21.
After a lapse the free events return, with an expert panel of speakers, discussing the subject; `Does it matter who funds science?’
The subject is particularly relevant with the uncertainty of Brexit in mind.
Liz Ambler, of Arlingtons, said: “We have a team of well known panellists and academics, who will meet to discuss the important question of funding, in scientific research.
You may also want to watch:
“It promises to be a lively evening.”
The evening is sponsored by the British Science Association and Genomics, England.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 6 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 7 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
Although the name, Arlingtons, comes from its dance hall days, the original Ipswich Museum building was the scene of educational events, lectures and lively (even violent) public debates in Victorian times.
The expert panel includes writer Daniel Cleary, Dr Krissy Wilson from the University of Suffolk, Hugh Whittle, director of the Nuffield Council of Bioethics and Jens Maintz from the John Innes Institute.
The debate takes place in the Henslowe Room at the cafe, from 7pm.
Admission is free.
Cafe Scientifique is a grass roots science movement, and events are held at venues right across the country.
Arlingtons Brasserie 01473 230293.