7 amazing craft beers to try at Ipswich Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
Whether you like chocolate or honey, rhubarb or berry fruit, there is something craftily brewed for you to enjoy at Ipswich Corn Exchange.
There is an enormous range of flavours, styles of beer and textures on offer as the venue hosts the Ipswich beer Festival, running until Saturday, September 21.
Here's 7 for you to try.
1 Ham Sandwich made by Time & Tide craft brewery in Sandwich, Kent is a hoppy, New England style IPA with a punch at 7.4% ABV.
2 Blau & Weiss, (blue and white in English), is a German wheat beer, of 4%A BV made by Uli Schiefelbein in Leiston. Blue and white are the colours of Bavaria, and Ipswich Town too and this is the brewery's best seller.
3 Rhubarb Saison 2019, from Little Earth Project brewers at Edwardstone, is brewed with rhubarb grown on the family farm and described as a farmhouse ale. The brewers use yeast from cider in the brews. It is a powerful 6.3% ABV.
4 Cocow from Ampersand Brewery at Earsham, near Bungay, is a dark and dangerous, chocolate and milk stout. It has a 4.8% ABV.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
The brewery is already brewing its winter ales known as Expressions of Evil, in whisky barrels,
5 Blueberry Porter is a fruity offering, from the Muirhouse Brewery from Ilkeston, Derbyshire. It has a rich taste and is 4.1% ABV.
6 Pollen Power is a lovely golden ale from Mr Bees Micro Brewery in Trimley St Mary, brewed with fine English ingredients and honey from his own beers. Pollen Power is 3.8% ABV.
7 Rubus Vanilla is a dark porter from Watsons Brewery over the county border in Colchester. It also produces a Mozarillo American pale ale. Rubus Vanilla is 4.5% ABV.