7 amazing craft beers to try at Ipswich Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
Whether you like chocolate or honey, rhubarb or berry fruit, there is something craftily brewed for you to enjoy at Ipswich Corn Exchange.
There is an enormous range of flavours, styles of beer and textures on offer as the venue hosts the Ipswich beer Festival, running until Saturday, September 21.
Here's 7 for you to try.
1 Ham Sandwich made by Time & Tide craft brewery in Sandwich, Kent is a hoppy, New England style IPA with a punch at 7.4% ABV.
2 Blau & Weiss, (blue and white in English), is a German wheat beer, of 4%A BV made by Uli Schiefelbein in Leiston. Blue and white are the colours of Bavaria, and Ipswich Town too and this is the brewery's best seller.
You may also want to watch:
3 Rhubarb Saison 2019, from Little Earth Project brewers at Edwardstone, is brewed with rhubarb grown on the family farm and described as a farmhouse ale. The brewers use yeast from cider in the brews. It is a powerful 6.3% ABV.
4 Cocow from Ampersand Brewery at Earsham, near Bungay, is a dark and dangerous, chocolate and milk stout. It has a 4.8% ABV.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
The brewery is already brewing its winter ales known as Expressions of Evil, in whisky barrels,
5 Blueberry Porter is a fruity offering, from the Muirhouse Brewery from Ilkeston, Derbyshire. It has a rich taste and is 4.1% ABV.
6 Pollen Power is a lovely golden ale from Mr Bees Micro Brewery in Trimley St Mary, brewed with fine English ingredients and honey from his own beers. Pollen Power is 3.8% ABV.
7 Rubus Vanilla is a dark porter from Watsons Brewery over the county border in Colchester. It also produces a Mozarillo American pale ale. Rubus Vanilla is 4.5% ABV.