Golden Hind pub in Ipswich closes for deep clean over Covid case
The popular Golden Hind pub in Ipswich has temporarily closed after a member of security staff tested positive for Covid-19.
The closure comes after the bouncer, who was wearing a mask and sanitising regularly, tested positive for coronavirus after working at the pub for the Euro 2020 final on Sunday.
In a statement, the pub's owners said all other members of staff have been tested for the virus and have returned negative results.
They added they have made the decision to close the pub to conduct a deep clean.
The statement continued: "We are now working alongside Ipswich Borough Council and Public Health England to make sure that everything is in place before reopening.
"We will update you tomorrow with more details and the Council are working with us to open us back up ASAP! If you were here on Sunday then it may be wise to get tested!
"The safety of our staff and customers is our number one priority!"
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 7 A12 closed near Ipswich following serious collision
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 10 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich