Golden Hind pub in Ipswich closes for deep clean over Covid case
The popular Golden Hind pub in Ipswich has temporarily closed after a member of security staff tested positive for Covid-19.
The closure comes after the bouncer, who was wearing a mask and sanitising regularly, tested positive for coronavirus after working at the pub for the Euro 2020 final on Sunday.
In a statement, the pub's owners said all other members of staff have been tested for the virus and have returned negative results.
They added they have made the decision to close the pub to conduct a deep clean.
The statement continued: "We are now working alongside Ipswich Borough Council and Public Health England to make sure that everything is in place before reopening.
"We will update you tomorrow with more details and the Council are working with us to open us back up ASAP! If you were here on Sunday then it may be wise to get tested!
"The safety of our staff and customers is our number one priority!"
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault