Golden Lion Wetherspoons Inn in Ipswich has closed - share your memories of the popular pub
One of Ipswich’s most popular pubs has closed its doors for the final time.
The Golden Lion Wetherspoons pub on the Cornhill in Ipswich had been put up for sale in February, with the chain of pubs citing “commercial reasons” behind the decision.
On Sunday the pub closed for the final time, posting the following message on its Facebook page.
“So guys and girls, ladies and gents, it is very sadly our last night tonight.
“We want to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for being such great customers and for all your kind words and support.”
It is understood the staff have moved to other roles at Wetherspoons’ two other pubs in Ipswich – The Robert Ransome and The Cricketers.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet clear if another buyer has been found.
What are your memories of the pub? Share your memories and pictures below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Felixstowe pub could be demolished to make way for new shop and homes
- 2 Man arrested as police execute drugs warrant at Ipswich address
- 3 Road reopens after cyclist taken to hospital following serious crash
- 4 A12 reopens after car ends up on its side near Martlesham
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Accused says he was 'upset and alone' after bullying
- 6 Missing Ipswich man Robert Parker found safe and well
- 7 The best 9 attractions in Ipswich according to Trip Advisor
- 8 New byelaws could be introduced in Ipswich parks for first time in decades
- 9 Is Tesco preparing its new store in Ipswich's Tavern Street?
- 10 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town