Ipswich’s Greshams changes its name to The Box Tree
A well-known Ipswich events venue and restaurant has a new look after changing its name following the lockdown.
Greshams, in Tuddenham Road, is now called The Box Tree following a review that came into effect today (Friday September 4).
Operations manager Jamie Lee Smith, of Jamie Lee Smith Catering, said the venue was working to get hard to get back to normal following lockdown and it was felt it was a good time to freshen things up.
He said: “Greshams is a well known name and brand, we have customers that have been coming here for years, but it was time for a reboot.
“A rebrand gives you new direction and focus. The restaurant has been going really well since we re-opened, we have a new events manager in place and we have new signage and staff uniforms.”
Set in 23 acres of grounds on the outskirts of Ipswich, The Box Tree has two function rooms. It employs 11 full-time staff, plus a number of casual workers.
Mr Smith said they had managed to avoid making redundancies from the permanent staff as a result of the Covid-19 crisis.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“Regrettably we had to let some part-time staff go but I am hopeful that as things pick up we can go back to them,” he said.
The Box Tree will be holding a socially-distanced live music event on Sunday, September 6 featuring a host of bands.
Tickets will be sold in zones, which cost £50 each and include space for up to six people.
For more details call 01473 250 816 or email the venue.