See the first images of Griffin Wharf homes
- Credit: Archant
More new homes set to be built at Ipswich Waterfront, including apartments and three-bedroom family houses.
Persimmon Homes is planning to build up to 113 properties on the southern side of the Waterfront, near Bath Street and the New Cut East.
The multi-million pound development is due to get underway later this year, with the first phase of 36 town houses being built at Discovery Avenue.
Persimmon Homes Suffolk said there had been tremendous interest in the homes, which will overlook the River Orwell, with more than 140 potential buyers registering their interest.
The local community will also benefit from the development with Persimmon contributing £128,000 to improve youth facilities in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Woodhall, Persimmon Homes Suffolk head of sales said: “We are really looking forward to launching the Griffin Wharf project later this year.
“There have already been a lot of enquiries, especially from first time buyers. Anyone interested can register their details on the Persimmon Homes website to ensure they will be the first to know when properties are released for sale.”
The project gives a much-needed boost to the ongoing regeneration of the Ipswich Waterfront area, which is the largest single regeneration project in the East of England, she added.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win