See the first images of Griffin Wharf homes
- Credit: Archant
More new homes set to be built at Ipswich Waterfront, including apartments and three-bedroom family houses.
Persimmon Homes is planning to build up to 113 properties on the southern side of the Waterfront, near Bath Street and the New Cut East.
The multi-million pound development is due to get underway later this year, with the first phase of 36 town houses being built at Discovery Avenue.
Persimmon Homes Suffolk said there had been tremendous interest in the homes, which will overlook the River Orwell, with more than 140 potential buyers registering their interest.
The local community will also benefit from the development with Persimmon contributing £128,000 to improve youth facilities in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Woodhall, Persimmon Homes Suffolk head of sales said: “We are really looking forward to launching the Griffin Wharf project later this year.
“There have already been a lot of enquiries, especially from first time buyers. Anyone interested can register their details on the Persimmon Homes website to ensure they will be the first to know when properties are released for sale.”
The project gives a much-needed boost to the ongoing regeneration of the Ipswich Waterfront area, which is the largest single regeneration project in the East of England, she added.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk