St Nicholas Street restaurant wins prestigious food award
- Credit: Danielle Lett
An Ipswich restaurant has won a prestigious award for its food.
The Grill at Twenty5, in St Nicholas Street, Ipswich, was awarded a blue ribbon by the Good Food Awards, recognising their food quality, service and value.
Gavin Robson, manager at the grill, said: "We strive for recognition like this every day— it's very rewarding to hear that people are making nice comments.
"There is a small team of three full time people here, plus some kids on the weekend. Everyone is very dedicated and between us we've got decades in the industry.
"We are an English restaurant, the food is our pride and passion. We have no frozen ingredients, well, except the ice cream."
The current, mother and son, ownership pair Tina and James Leamon took the restaurant over in 2019.
Mr Robson added: "They're super passionate, and excellent bosses. Best owners I've ever worked with.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 Company requests £1.8m loan to finish Broomhill Lido project
"I'm currently looking forward to Christmas— We've built a new Christmas area with heaters and fairy lights under a marquee. It should be great."