‘Fantastic’ appliance repair engineers snapped up by larger group
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich-based appliance repair and service business has been bought by another fast-growing firm.
Family firm TK Garnham & Sons has been acquired by Pacifica Group for an undisclosed sum as it expands its reach across the south and east of England.
Pacifica – a £41m turnover business 250 engineers across the country – will take on TK Garnham’s 30-strong workforce, including current directors Darren and Graham Garnham, sons of founder Terry Garnham.
The Suffolk-based £2m turnover business becomes part of Pacifica Appliance Services – one of the UK’s largest appliance repair specialists.
County Durham-based Pacifica – which works closely with manufacturers including Electrolux, Sony, Hisense, Vestel, Howdens (Lamona) and LG along with major retailers such as Argos and Shop Direct and insurance providers – carried out more than a quarter of a million repairs each year.
MORE – Sandwich shops feel the squeeze as workplaces adapt to covid crisisTK Garnham – which was founded 40 years ago – averages around 25,000 jobs a year working with manufacturers including Electrolux, Beko and Zanussi for customers aross East Anglia, central England and the south east.
You may also want to watch:
From its base in Ipswich, the company, which employs 30 people, supports customers across East Anglia, Central England and the South East.
The deal – which is part of Pacifica Group’s strategic expansion – was backed by growth investor Synova Capital which is supporting the firm’s organic and acquisition-led growth.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
Pacifica Group chief executive Kevin Brown said: “TK Garnham has a fantastic reputation in the appliance industry and in the south and east of England, which makes it an ideal addition to Pacifica Appliance Services. The acquisition of the business adds more high-quality engineers to our already strong workforce and increases our presence in the south of the country.
“I am also pleased that Darren and Keith are joining Pacifica. Their experience and market knowledge will be invaluable to delivering further growth to our business.”
Darren Garnham said they were “very proud” to become part of group. “It has quickly become a significant player on a national stage, which will benefit our business. The infrastructure, resources and additional relationships with manufacturers will support the further growth of our operations in our region, which will add value to the wider expansion of Pacifica Group.”