Hairdresser Sadie is a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-three year-old Sadie Lilley is now looking for her first full-time job as a hairdresser, after completing her training at the Alan d Hairdressing Academy in Ipswich.
Sadie, from Little Clacton, was one of two winners of a competition for readers of the Ipswich Star and the Est Anglian Daily Times which gave them the chance to make a life-changing move by learning new skills.”
The prizes were a full-time hairdressing or a barbers course at the Tacket Street, Ipswich academy.
Twenty weeks later Sadie is a fully qualified hair stylist.
And she says he has blossomed in self confidence as well as learning the skills for a complete change in her life.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been absolutely brilliant,” she said.
“When I started I couldn’t see myself cutting other people’s hair.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
“I have really grown in confidence as I have learned.
“I have always been happy being around people, in my other jobs, and I have really enjoyed it so much.
“Now I need to move on and gain experience. You need a bit of experience and you can make yourself a bit unique.
“Working with all the different teachers has been brilliant too, as you learn different things and ways of doing thtings from them.
“I have got on really well with the customers too.”
She has been delivering her CVs and is now seeking employment in Suffolk or Essex.
“It is a really exciting time,” she said, “though I am going to miss everyone here.”
Alan d education runs hairdressing training education course in Ipswich and London.