Boat which battled Beast from the East wins international award
- Credit: Archant
A motor boat which battled against the Beast from the East, and won, has been honoured at an international awards ceremony.
Ipswich's Hardy Marine won the 'Best Passage-Maker' category at the Motor Boat and Yachting Awards 2019 - for the Hardy 65.
The firm's flagship motor yacht impressed judges during its test report in February 2018, which coincided with the extreme weather.
The boat faced force seven winds and heavy snow - but could not be stopped.
An awards' spokesman said: "Tough and uncompromising, yet has an interior with style and panache, it is a true Passage-Maker."
Hardy Marine are owned by Windboats Group, and the group's managing director praised the win.
"I am delighted that the Hardy 65 has received recognition for excellent passage making," said Oliver James.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
"The Hardy strapline is 'Designed for comfort, Built for the Sea' and this ethos lies at the heart of everything we build."