Boat which battled Beast from the East wins international award
- Credit: Archant
A motor boat which battled against the Beast from the East, and won, has been honoured at an international awards ceremony.
Ipswich's Hardy Marine won the 'Best Passage-Maker' category at the Motor Boat and Yachting Awards 2019 - for the Hardy 65.
The firm's flagship motor yacht impressed judges during its test report in February 2018, which coincided with the extreme weather.
The boat faced force seven winds and heavy snow - but could not be stopped.
An awards' spokesman said: "Tough and uncompromising, yet has an interior with style and panache, it is a true Passage-Maker."
Hardy Marine are owned by Windboats Group, and the group's managing director praised the win.
"I am delighted that the Hardy 65 has received recognition for excellent passage making," said Oliver James.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
"The Hardy strapline is 'Designed for comfort, Built for the Sea' and this ethos lies at the heart of everything we build."