Boat which battled Beast from the East wins international award
- Credit: Archant
A motor boat which battled against the Beast from the East, and won, has been honoured at an international awards ceremony.
Ipswich's Hardy Marine won the 'Best Passage-Maker' category at the Motor Boat and Yachting Awards 2019 - for the Hardy 65.
The firm's flagship motor yacht impressed judges during its test report in February 2018, which coincided with the extreme weather.
The boat faced force seven winds and heavy snow - but could not be stopped.
An awards' spokesman said: "Tough and uncompromising, yet has an interior with style and panache, it is a true Passage-Maker."
You may also want to watch:
Hardy Marine are owned by Windboats Group, and the group's managing director praised the win.
"I am delighted that the Hardy 65 has received recognition for excellent passage making," said Oliver James.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 5 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
"The Hardy strapline is 'Designed for comfort, Built for the Sea' and this ethos lies at the heart of everything we build."