Have your say on plans to build a distribution centre for Headlam flooring company in land next to Anglia Retail Park
The public are invited to have their say on proposals to build a £15million warehouse on the edge of Ipswich.
Floorcovering company Headlam wants to create a distribution centre on greenland next to Anglia Retail Park in Whitton, adjacent to the former Park and Ride site.
The new facility will support the development of Headlam’s regional floorcovering business, Hadleigh-based Faithfull’s Flooring, which will relocate with its 80 existing employees to the new premises. It is anticipated that, as the business grows, the new facility will provide new opportunities for job creation.
A company spokesman said: “Headlam is investing £15m on the new facility, which represents a significant investment for the company.
“Careful thought has gone into the design and layout of the purpose-built facility, the detail of which will shortly be displayed at a meeting to be held with interested local parties.”
You may also want to watch:
Headlam hopes to submit a formal planning application later this year. The construction and fit-out period is around one year so the new facility should be up and running for the start of 2018.
The building will consist of a 125,000 sq ft warehouse with loading and customer collection areas, 20,000 sq ft two-storey offices and out-buildings.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
A consultation event is being held tomorrow at Whitton Sports and Community Centre in Whitton Church Lane between 12.30pm and 8pm and anyone is welcome to attend.
The company is looking to gain the views of people who live in the area before it submits a planning application to Ipswich Borough Council.
There will be an opportunity to see the plans, discuss them with members of the Headlam team and give feedback.