Helping people in need in the UK and around the world
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich law firm raises thousands of pounds for Will Aid charity
A property law firm in Suffolk has raised thousands for a national charity, making it one of the top donating firms in the UK.
Attwells Solicitors, based in Ipswich, have taken part in Will Aid, which is the UK’s leading charity will-writing scheme.
It offers people the opportunity to make or update their Will in return for a donation, to help people in need in the UK and all over the world.
As part of the Will Aid campaign, Attwells Solicitors drew up basic wills for local people without charging their usual fee. In return for this service, clients made a donation to Will Aid and Attwells have raised a staggering £4,380 in total.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of Attwells fundraising, they will be hosting a presentation event in partnership with Will Aid, where they will be presented with an achievement certificate by a charity representative as a thank you for their efforts.
Laura Harrington-Rutterford, partner at Attwells, said: “We are thrilled by just how much we have managed to raise for Will Aid, it’s fantastic to know that we are amongst the top donating firms in the country.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
“The team worked really hard and everyone is very much looking forward to the presentation event in partnership with Will Aid.”
Funds raised by Will Aid are shared by nine well-known UK charities: ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, Sightsavers, SCIAF (Scotland) and Trocaire (Northern Ireland).
The achievement is a further boost to the growing Attwells Private Client department.
Attwells is the leading property firm in East Anglia with a head office in Ipswich.
They also have a boutique office in St Johns Wood, North London.