Helping people in need in the UK and around the world
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich law firm raises thousands of pounds for Will Aid charity
A property law firm in Suffolk has raised thousands for a national charity, making it one of the top donating firms in the UK.
Attwells Solicitors, based in Ipswich, have taken part in Will Aid, which is the UK’s leading charity will-writing scheme.
It offers people the opportunity to make or update their Will in return for a donation, to help people in need in the UK and all over the world.
As part of the Will Aid campaign, Attwells Solicitors drew up basic wills for local people without charging their usual fee. In return for this service, clients made a donation to Will Aid and Attwells have raised a staggering £4,380 in total.
As a result of Attwells fundraising, they will be hosting a presentation event in partnership with Will Aid, where they will be presented with an achievement certificate by a charity representative as a thank you for their efforts.
Laura Harrington-Rutterford, partner at Attwells, said: “We are thrilled by just how much we have managed to raise for Will Aid, it’s fantastic to know that we are amongst the top donating firms in the country.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 4 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Cladding replacement work on Ipswich Waterfront flats delayed until new year
“The team worked really hard and everyone is very much looking forward to the presentation event in partnership with Will Aid.”
Funds raised by Will Aid are shared by nine well-known UK charities: ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, Sightsavers, SCIAF (Scotland) and Trocaire (Northern Ireland).
The achievement is a further boost to the growing Attwells Private Client department.
Attwells is the leading property firm in East Anglia with a head office in Ipswich.
They also have a boutique office in St Johns Wood, North London.