Home Bargains announces Christmas opening plans
- Credit: Archant
Discount retailer Home Bargains has announced changes to its Christmas opening hours this year.
The changes will affect the retailer's store at Suffolk Retail Park in Ipswich, and its branch in Martlesham Heath.
Bosses at the chain made the decision to thank staff for their hard work during the pandemic by giving them two extra days off on Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
The business was classed as an essential retailer throughout the pandemic, so remained open during the lockdowns.
Home Bargains stores will close early on Christmas Eve at 5pm and will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Year's Day, to allow staff to enjoy more time to spend with family and friends.
The announcement follows a similar decision by supermarket chain Morrisons, which announced its stores will close on Boxing Day this year. Other retailers are also planning closures over the festive period.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films