Home Bargains to open new store in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Discount retailer Home Bargains has revealed it is launching a new Ipswich store.
The budget chain will open a new branch at Suffolk Retail Park on Saturday, August 10.
The company will be joining Iceland's Food Warehouse in the park's recently renovated units.
MORE: Popular spa forced to shut down after lease is suddenly cancelledWith Iceland also opening a second Food Warehouse store the Euro Retail Park.
Signs advertising the store's summer arrival have been placed near the park and a host of new jobs are set to be created.
Home Bargains already boasts a major presence in nearby Martlesham Heath after the opening of a £750,000 store last year.
You may also want to watch:
TJ Morris, the company behind Home Bargains, was established over 40 years ago by Tom Morris.
Since opening his first store in Liverpool, is has become one of the biggest privately owned companies in the UK.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August
It now has over 500 stores and employs more than 22,000 staff.