Home Bargains to open new store in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Discount retailer Home Bargains has revealed it is launching a new Ipswich store.
The budget chain will open a new branch at Suffolk Retail Park on Saturday, August 10.
The company will be joining Iceland's Food Warehouse in the park's recently renovated units.
MORE: Popular spa forced to shut down after lease is suddenly cancelledWith Iceland also opening a second Food Warehouse store the Euro Retail Park.
Signs advertising the store's summer arrival have been placed near the park and a host of new jobs are set to be created.
Home Bargains already boasts a major presence in nearby Martlesham Heath after the opening of a £750,000 store last year.
TJ Morris, the company behind Home Bargains, was established over 40 years ago by Tom Morris.
Since opening his first store in Liverpool, is has become one of the biggest privately owned companies in the UK.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 8 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 9 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
It now has over 500 stores and employs more than 22,000 staff.