Former council care home with 30 bedrooms put up for sale for £1.5m
- Credit: Archant
A former local authority care home in Ipswich has been put on the market.
Commercial agents Barker Storey Matthews is under instruction to market the sale of the former residential care home at 214 Sidegate Lane.
Measuring a total of 1,948 sq m (20,968 sq ft), the two-storey premises are in three main sections spurring off a central communal area.
There are 30 en-suite bedrooms as well as ancillary facilities such as kitchen, servery and dining area.
There is parking on site for 20 vehicles but the agent advises there is scope to increase parking if the new owners wish to continue with residential care home or other community institutional use.
You may also want to watch:
This is the latest in a number of property instructions in which Barker Storey Matthews is acting on behalf of Suffolk County Council in the local authority’s planned property disposals programme.
Steven Mudd, of the property agency’s Bury St Edmunds office, believes that 214 Sidegate Lane will attract attention from private healthcare providers and private residential developers, alike, given the size and location of the property.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
The freehold of 214 Sidegate Lane has a guide price of £1.5m.