Former council care home with 30 bedrooms put up for sale for £1.5m
- Credit: Archant
A former local authority care home in Ipswich has been put on the market.
Commercial agents Barker Storey Matthews is under instruction to market the sale of the former residential care home at 214 Sidegate Lane.
Measuring a total of 1,948 sq m (20,968 sq ft), the two-storey premises are in three main sections spurring off a central communal area.
There are 30 en-suite bedrooms as well as ancillary facilities such as kitchen, servery and dining area.
There is parking on site for 20 vehicles but the agent advises there is scope to increase parking if the new owners wish to continue with residential care home or other community institutional use.
This is the latest in a number of property instructions in which Barker Storey Matthews is acting on behalf of Suffolk County Council in the local authority’s planned property disposals programme.
Steven Mudd, of the property agency’s Bury St Edmunds office, believes that 214 Sidegate Lane will attract attention from private healthcare providers and private residential developers, alike, given the size and location of the property.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
The freehold of 214 Sidegate Lane has a guide price of £1.5m.