Former council care home with 30 bedrooms put up for sale for £1.5m
- Credit: Archant
A former local authority care home in Ipswich has been put on the market.
Commercial agents Barker Storey Matthews is under instruction to market the sale of the former residential care home at 214 Sidegate Lane.
Measuring a total of 1,948 sq m (20,968 sq ft), the two-storey premises are in three main sections spurring off a central communal area.
There are 30 en-suite bedrooms as well as ancillary facilities such as kitchen, servery and dining area.
There is parking on site for 20 vehicles but the agent advises there is scope to increase parking if the new owners wish to continue with residential care home or other community institutional use.
This is the latest in a number of property instructions in which Barker Storey Matthews is acting on behalf of Suffolk County Council in the local authority’s planned property disposals programme.
Steven Mudd, of the property agency’s Bury St Edmunds office, believes that 214 Sidegate Lane will attract attention from private healthcare providers and private residential developers, alike, given the size and location of the property.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 9 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 10 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
The freehold of 214 Sidegate Lane has a guide price of £1.5m.