Popular hot dog stand to reopen in Ipswich next week
- Credit: Archant
The Hot Sausage Company which has spent more than 30 years trading at Ipswich Cornhill will soon see the return of its first customers as the coronavirus lockdown is eased.
From Monday, June 15, the town’s popular hot dog stand – which is known to be Ed Sheeran’s favourite – will once again serve customers after being closed for more than two months.
The popular stand, run by Andrew Babington-Barber, has been serving its famous hot dogs for more than three decades in Ipswich and also has a stand in Colchester.
In a post on Facebook, The Hot Sausage Company announced: “We are back, yay! From Monday we will be back in Ipswich on the Cornhill, happy days.
“Please share and let the world know, maybe Ed Sheeran will pop in to get his favourite hot dog.”
They will open with social distancing outlines for the queue along with wearing face coverings and gloves. Hand sanitizer gel will be available for use on the front counter and they will also be offering sauce sachets to help minimise contact.
The hot dog stand is one of many non-essential stores which are reopening on Monday with social distancing measures in place.
MORE: Where can I shop? A handy guide to Suffolk stores which are now open – or set to reopenJD Sports has also announced that it will reopen all of its 309 stores in England on Monday, including the sites in Ipswich, Colchester and Bury St Edmunds. MORE: JD Sports reopening stores across Suffolk
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home