Popular hot dog stand to reopen in Ipswich next week
- Credit: Archant
The Hot Sausage Company which has spent more than 30 years trading at Ipswich Cornhill will soon see the return of its first customers as the coronavirus lockdown is eased.
From Monday, June 15, the town’s popular hot dog stand – which is known to be Ed Sheeran’s favourite – will once again serve customers after being closed for more than two months.
The popular stand, run by Andrew Babington-Barber, has been serving its famous hot dogs for more than three decades in Ipswich and also has a stand in Colchester.
In a post on Facebook, The Hot Sausage Company announced: “We are back, yay! From Monday we will be back in Ipswich on the Cornhill, happy days.
“Please share and let the world know, maybe Ed Sheeran will pop in to get his favourite hot dog.”
You may also want to watch:
They will open with social distancing outlines for the queue along with wearing face coverings and gloves. Hand sanitizer gel will be available for use on the front counter and they will also be offering sauce sachets to help minimise contact.
The hot dog stand is one of many non-essential stores which are reopening on Monday with social distancing measures in place.
MORE: Where can I shop? A handy guide to Suffolk stores which are now open – or set to reopenJD Sports has also announced that it will reopen all of its 309 stores in England on Monday, including the sites in Ipswich, Colchester and Bury St Edmunds. MORE: JD Sports reopening stores across Suffolk
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal