Hot tubs and indoor pools are most `searched for’ features
- Credit: James Bass
Record-breaking start to the year for Hoseasons
Lowestoft-based holiday firm Hoseasons has chalked up a record-breaking first quarter after posting seven of its 10 best ever bookings days since the turn of the year.
The company saw overall bookings increase by 8% compared to the same period in 2015, with lodge and log cabin bookings up 14.5% and boating bookings 22% ahead, including 21% growth for boating breaks on the Broads.
Three and four-night short break bookings were up 11%, with short breaks now accounting for nearly 70% of holidays sold by the company.
Simon Altham, managing director at Hoseasons, said the figures built on a strong 2015.
“Continued investment in the sector means standards of accommodation and facilities have never been so good, something that is clearly going down well with customers looking to make the most of what’s on their doorstep in 2016 without having to compromise on quality,” he added.
“Private hot tubs remain the number-one searched-for feature on our website, with indoor pools coming in second.
- 1 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 2 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Six police cars at scene of bungalow fire
- 6 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring