Cafe voted best tea/coffee shop in Suffolk is moving into Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning vegan cafe is moving into a prime spot in Ipswich town centre.
Hullabaloo cafe owners Jon Halls and Jennie Debenham are moving their business from Cemetery Road, Ipswich, were it was launched almost a year ago, into the former Jenny Wren's Yarns shop in St Peter's Street.
It comes just weeks after it won the prestigious honour of best tea/coffee shop in the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards.
Partner Jennie Debenham said: "We have been waiting for somewhere to come up in St Peter's Street for a while. We love the atmosphere.
"We want to be in the town centre where there is more footfall. We hope to have moved in by the summer market day. We are not sure how long it will take.
You may also want to watch:
"Customers have been brilliant since we opened. We have a lot of people who are not vegan but want to try good, healthy food.
"There is a growing interest in plant-based food.
- 1 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 2 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Criminals confess to nearly 400 offences thanks to specialist police unit
- 5 What are the best curry houses in Ipswich?
- 6 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 7 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
- 8 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 9 Can you spot yourself in our Copdock Motorcycle Show gallery?
- 10 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
"We were very pleased to win an award at the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards, it was really unexpected."