Cafe voted best tea/coffee shop in Suffolk is moving into Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning vegan cafe is moving into a prime spot in Ipswich town centre.
Hullabaloo cafe owners Jon Halls and Jennie Debenham are moving their business from Cemetery Road, Ipswich, were it was launched almost a year ago, into the former Jenny Wren's Yarns shop in St Peter's Street.
It comes just weeks after it won the prestigious honour of best tea/coffee shop in the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards.
Partner Jennie Debenham said: "We have been waiting for somewhere to come up in St Peter's Street for a while. We love the atmosphere.
"We want to be in the town centre where there is more footfall. We hope to have moved in by the summer market day. We are not sure how long it will take.
You may also want to watch:
"Customers have been brilliant since we opened. We have a lot of people who are not vegan but want to try good, healthy food.
"There is a growing interest in plant-based food.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 6 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 7 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 8 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
"We were very pleased to win an award at the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards, it was really unexpected."