Cafe voted best tea/coffee shop in Suffolk is moving into Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning vegan cafe is moving into a prime spot in Ipswich town centre.
Hullabaloo cafe owners Jon Halls and Jennie Debenham are moving their business from Cemetery Road, Ipswich, were it was launched almost a year ago, into the former Jenny Wren's Yarns shop in St Peter's Street.
It comes just weeks after it won the prestigious honour of best tea/coffee shop in the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards.
Partner Jennie Debenham said: "We have been waiting for somewhere to come up in St Peter's Street for a while. We love the atmosphere.
"We want to be in the town centre where there is more footfall. We hope to have moved in by the summer market day. We are not sure how long it will take.
"Customers have been brilliant since we opened. We have a lot of people who are not vegan but want to try good, healthy food.
"There is a growing interest in plant-based food.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
"We were very pleased to win an award at the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards, it was really unexpected."